From: <John.Egan@infineon.com>
To: <stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org>
Cc: <millardo@dominetsystems.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:56 AM
Subject: RE: [EFM] Forward from Glen Kramer

> Guys,
> OK.
> I believe the XAN idea looks good and sounds OK, if pronounced like ZAN.
However, this may not speak so well to our whole Marketing effort as well as
technical effort, as the name being easy on people will help its acceptance,
etc. I also think I have seen XAN used elsewhere, but cannot recall.

> This all stated... can we consider to go with EAN (pronounced Ian, say)
that is Ethernet Access Network... which is exactly what we have. This rolls
off the tongue well, it says what it says and is, and it gets us moving
toward the hugely successful marketing effort that comes next.