RE: [EFM] RE: [802.3] IEEE P802.3ah Draft 2.0: Comments with proposed responses

Tony,

I disagree and am quite surprized/shocked by your statements.
From my experience in the IEEE/RAC, which you Chair,
we have found that unclear text has (in many instances) led to
incorrect implementations, with expensive consequences.

One cannot rely on the IEEE to accomplish this difficult task,
since much of it is content-specific, the errors are massive,
their time is short, and the pressures-for-publication are
enormous.

Its not that hard of a task to write correctly; my child was
taught the usage of proper nouns in 8th grade. Where there
is a will, there is a way, as I found in other standards.

"If you're getting hung up on formatting etc., you probably
have way too much time on your hands, and you are focusing
it on the wrong issues."
I disagree with trivializing of writing quality controls.

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306