RE: [EFM] Active to active connections are useful

Tom -

OAM has two provisioned modes - active and passive.  Active is intended for those devices that wish to query/control their peer in some respect.  Passive is intended for those that do not wish to query/control, but will respond.

OAM can be provisioned to be symmetric (e.g. active-active as John mentioned), or not (active-passive).  Both deployment models (symmetric, asymmetric) have been requested and determiend to have merit, and both can be supported.

- Matt