RE: [EFM] EFM-OAM frame fomat

Matt,

Thank you.  I was under the impression that this was the case.

This limitation means that vendors that provide equipment to "Ethernet"
vendors using VLAN Tags to segregate customer traffic or $subsriptions
services will not be able to use OAM frames to manage those services. end
to end.  I am not even sure that the end customers will be able to "manage"
their network links using OAM fames over these types of facilities either.

In the past, VAN Tags were extensively used to segregate customer traffic
over common facilities such as aggregated GigE MAN facilities to provide
"Transparent LAN Services".  For those service providers and $ubscription
services, the current OAM draft will not be of great use except possible at
the "edge" links.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum

Thank you,