[EFM] Next Meeting Announcement

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

Our next meeting will be held 12-15 January, 2004, in Vancouver, BC
in conjunction with the IEEE 802 LMSC interim meetings.  Please
see the meeting announcement at:

http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html

Note that our meetings will be held in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
(not the Hyatt Regency Vancouver).  For once, we are in the
better hotel! The cutoff date for room reservations at the Fairmont
is Friday 12-December, 2003, so please make your reservations without
delay.  I sincerely apologize for the short time interval between this
announcement and the reservation cutoff, but as you are probably
aware, the decision of whether or not to meet in Vancouver hinged
on the outcome of the working group recirculation ballot, which we
didn't know until today.

The purpose of the meeting will be to resolve the comments that are
submitted during the IEEE 802 LMSC sponsor ballot on IEEE Draft
P802.3ah/D3.0. Since we expect to receive a healthy number of comments,
we are allocating four days for the meeting, scheduled as follows:

Mon 1/12 am  - EFM TF opening meeting
Mon 1/12 pm  - EFM STF meetings (OAM, Optics, Copper, P2MP)
Tue 1/13 am-pm - EFM STF meetings (OAM, Optics, Copper, P2MP)
Wed 1/14 am-pm - EFM STF meetings (OAM, Optics, Copper, P2MP)
Thu 1/15 am  - EFM STF meetings (OAM, Optics, Copper, P2MP)
Thu 1/15 pm  - EFM TF closing meeting

Joint sessions between our sub task forces, and joint sessions with other
working groups will be arranged as needed. Meetings will run from 8:00 am
to 6:00 pm each day, with evening meetings scheduled if needed.

As usual, we will post a preliminary report as soon as the comments
from the sponsor balloters are received, and then post proposed responses
drafted by your sub task force chairs and editors prior to the meeting.

I am really looking forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force