RE: [EFM] 802.3ah OAM question

Shahram,

That is the problem of assumptions.  For bidirectional on a single fiber
yes, for "rings" the up link and the down link can be very
different.  There may the same "port", but the uplink laser is not the same
as the down link laser, the same for the receiving optics.  Also the
encode/decode take separate path even if it is in the same chip.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum