Ballot results, comment report, and new reflector

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,
and the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD WG,

I have several items to report, and I am just as pleased as
can be about all of the following.

First, the IEEE 802 LMSC sponsor recirculation ballot on
IEEE P802.3ah/D3.1 closed with the following results:

99 eligible balloters in the group
86 ballots returned (87%)
63 Approve (78%)
18 Disapprove
5 Abstention (6%)

Therefore, the draft has met the requirements for return rate,
approval rate, and abstention rate.

We received 677 comments on this draft, including 106 technical required,
226 technical, and 345 editorial comments.  A preliminary report
containing each of these comments, plus the recirculated unresolved
negative comments from D3.1 can be found at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/

Your editors and sub task force chairs are hard at work drafting proposed
will be posted on the web page shown above prior to our upcoming
meeting in Orlando.

Finally, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our new and
improved email reflector, powered by listserv.  Replacing majordomo,
listserv promises to cut down on delays and UCE, while being easier
for us to maintain. I expect that it will take a little while for me
to become proficient with listserv, so I ask for your patience while
I learn how to drive it. I really expect to see a big improvement,
especially in the UCE department, which was starting to get out
of control again.

I look forward to seeing you in Orlando!

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force