Re: [EFM] Changes to 100BASE-X and 1000BASE-X PCS, 10G RS

For those who are coming to the Orlando meeting, see the presentation at http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/mar04/dawe_1_0304.pdf .  Please come along to the 8-11 am EFM interim on Monday, with your thoughts on such questions as:

Should EFM be very like "mainstream" (IT-oriented) Ethernet for its remote fault signaling, or different?  Why?
How should we account for dual-use PHYs (used in both "mainstream" and access networks)?
Is "backwards" compatibility good, bad, irrelevant?
Do we have a clear view on what remote fault signaling is for, anyway?

Thank you,

Piers Dawe