[EFM] D3.2 2nd re-circulation ballot results

I tried to send the following message earlier today,
but I had a typo in the reflector address.
I apologize for the mistake.

Howard

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,
and the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group,

I am pleased to report that the 2nd IEEE 802 LMSC sponsor
re-circulation ballot on IEEE Draft P802.3ah/D3.2 closed
on Saturday, April 10, 2004 with the following results:

99 eligible voters
86 ballots returned (86% return)
73 affirmative votes (91% affirmative)
   7 negative votes
   6 abstention votes (7% abstention)

Therefore, the draft remains approved by the balloting group.
I am particularly pleased to see that the affirmative ratio is
now greater than 90%.

We received a total of 365 comments during this re-circulation,
including 31 identified as "Technical Required", 259 identified
as "Technical", and 75 identified as "Editorial". A preliminary
report containing all of these comments, plus the 40 unresolved
negative comments from previous ballots, can be found at the
following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/

We will meet Monday April 12 and Tuesday April 13 at Nortel
Networks' facility in Santa Clara to consider each of the comments
that we received.  More information about this meeting can
be found at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/santa_clara_04.html

Your editors are hard at work (on a holiday!) preparing proposed
your consideration at the meeting.

Congratulations on the continued approval of the draft!
I look forward to seeing you in Santa Clara.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force