Re: [EFM] RE: 1 Gbps != 999.9 Mbps

Denny:

I have a different perspective based on conversations with SPs and network
operators

My sense of market opportunity is that there is interest in 1000BASE-X as
the transport technology. What SPs want is to deliver bandwidth in slices
at the edge to business customers and even to residential subscribers

They also want OAM and based on conversations I have had, there is interest
in a side band even if it means giving up some bandwidth.

Bruce Tolley
Cisco Systems