RE: [EFM] [EFM-OAM] OAM Transport Proposal

Kevin,

I have a few questions:
*	OAM in VOC/eoc is not explained in the document.  Is there a
proposal that should be referenced?
*	Do these OAM protocols assume no repeaters?  Is the OAM scheme
designed to work in half-duplex?
*	Is there a specific OAM scheme that should be used for end-to-end
(versus link-by-link) OAM messaging?  Carrier class equipment has section,
line and path, do we have something similar?
*	IEEE Std. 802.3z currently permits GbE fiber links to generate
either 7 or 8 bytes of preamble.  How does the OAM in preamble compensate
for this?

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Booth
Intel Platform Networking Group - Austin
bradley.booth@intel.com <mailto:bradley.booth@intel.com>