Re: [EFM-Copper] RE: [EFM] (forward) progress in EFM copper

Daun

One IEEE 802.3 port type can achieve more than one PHY objective.

To have multiple port types is not necessarily a bad thing, IEEE802.3ae
gave us seven port types for MM and SM fiber, IEEE802.3z gave us two port
types (well three if you include 1000BASE-T).

Bruce Tolley