[802.3_DIALOG] Announcing the 802.3 40GE Single-mode Fiber Study group

Title: Announcing the 802.3 40GE Single-mode Fiber Study group
All,

I’d like to announce that the formation of the 'IEEE 802.3 40Gb/s Ethernet Single-mode Fiber PMD Study Group' was approved by the IEEE 802 EC at the end of the November plenary meeting.

A webpage and reflector has now been set up and I encourage anyone who is interested to subscribe to the reflector.  All future communication for this group will occur on this reflector.

The subscription details can all be found at our new webpage:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/40GSMF/index.html

Our first meeting will be held during the upcoming Interim meeting in New Orleans during the week of January 25th.  Further details of the meeting logistics will communicated shortly.

Now the study group has been formed, the focus of the meetings will be towards studying the needs and requirements for a 40GE SMF PMD and ultimately developing objectives, responses to the 5 criteria and a PAR.  I would encourage anyone who is interested in this subject to start working together to bring presentations in on these topics for the January meeting.

A call for papers will be sent out soon.

Regards,
Mark Nowell