[802.3_DIALOG] Proposed revisions to the IEEE 802.3 operating rules

Dear colleagues,

At the March 2014 IEEE 802.3 plenary we received and discussed two proposed revisions to the IEEE 802.3 operating rules. The proposed revisions are currently open for review and I welcome comments on them.

As required by the IEEE 802.3 operating rules I am making the proposed changes available for preview by the membership of IEEE 802.3. This is with the intention of requesting a vote at the IEEE 802.3 closing plenary, at the upcoming IEEE 802 July plenary, to decided if the changes should be accepted, rejected or sent out for a Working Group ballot. Full details of the IEEE 802.3 operating rules revision procedure can be found at <http://www.ieee802.org/3/rules/P802_3_rules.pdf#page=9>.

Summary of proposed revisions
================================

1-03/14
--------------------------------
This change modifies the IEEE 802.3 rules to include Five Criteria (5C) questions that are no longer included in criteria for standards development (CSD) defined in clause 14 of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual.

See <http://ieee802.org/3/rules/updates/prop_change_1_0314.pdf> for the full change request.

2-03/14
This change would reduce the minimum duration of initial WG ballots to 30 days (including e-mail time).

See <http://ieee802.org/3/rules/updates/prop_change_2_0314.pdf> for the full change request.

Further information
The IEEE 802.3 operating rules are available on the IEEE 802.3 web site at <http://www.ieee802.org/3/rules/P802_3_rules.pdf>.

Best regards,

Adam Healey
Vice Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group