[802.3_DIALOG] Hugh Barrass - friend and colleague

I am deeply saddened by this.  Hugh was always willing to share his thoughts which often times led to lively discussion.  I had the privilege of knowing him for 15 years. I learned a lot from him and enjoyed great conversation over a beer on several occasions over the years.

Hugh's work with Energy Efficient Ethernet was crucial to its advancement in 802.3. He was committed to making Ethernet energy-proportional.  Hugh contributed to its development since the beginning and helped drive P802.3az to completion on time. He contributed to the techniques being used in almost all projects since then.

I miss Hugh.  802.3 will not be the same without him

Regards,

Mike