[802.3_DIALOG] Hugh

I was very sorry to hear the news about Hugh. I will miss him.

It is a few months since I attended an IEEE meeting so I have not seen him for some time. I had been looking forward to the next opportunity to catch up with him, to discuss his take on 802 and everything else over a beer or two.

I am very sad that it won’t happen.

I participated in the 802.3az EEE group and Hugh made a big contribution to that effort, herding us to the finish line, making sure we were on the right track and contributing energetically and humorously to every discussion.

I am grateful for the help, advice and friendship he gave.

Gavin.