[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 Working Group operation

Dear Colleagues,

There are two items I would like to cover in respect to IEEE 802.3 Working Group operation.

The first item is in respect to building attendance credit toward membership with the IEEE 802.3 opening plenary occurring from 10h00 to 12h00 on the Monday mornings at the March 2015 plenary meeting. As I have stated in plenary announcements, attendance credit is only granted on Monday at the opening IEEE 802.3 plenary (although there have rarely been any other meetings on a Monday) and on Thursday at the closing IEEE 802.3 plenary meeting. I will be continuing this approach, and as a result attendance credit will not be granted during the Monday afternoon meetings, or during the Thursday morning meetings.

The second item is in relation to contingent interim Task Force comment resolution meetings which provide teleconference participation, and electronic participation in general. A recent example of such a contingent interim Task Force comment resolution meeting was the IEEE P802.3bm December 2014 interim meeting which was cancelled when the recirculation ballot achieve 100% approval and had no comments to consider. Since it is likely similar meetings may be announced in the future to progress the work of IEEE 802.3 promptly, I've added a Chair's guidelines page to record the approach we have used over the years which is available at <http://ieee802.org/3/rules/guidelines.html>.

Best regards,
  David