From: Joel Goergen (jgoergen) [mailto:jgoergen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:09 AM
To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Fwd: Webpage Updated - New Industry Connections Activity

+1 to Kent and Mark

Also +1 to Mark … I never heard any discussion that we only do an SMF PMD … I heard the same span Mark discussed.

Take care

Joel

From: <Lusted>, Kent C <kent.c.lusted@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, September 25, 2015 at 9:56 AM
To: "STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

FWIW, I, too, took away from the (infamous?) lunch meeting that the best path forward was 1 CFI that yielded 2 SGs.  This is because, as Mark explained, the SG ceases to exist when the PAR is accepted.  The 2 SG path offers a safety net to us, if one of the SG happens to take more time to resolve the CSDs.

-kent