[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802 5G standing committee

Dear Colleagues,

The IEEE 802 EC recently decided to form a IEEE 5G standing committee which will be holding its first meeting on Monday and Tuesday evening next week at the IEEE 802 plenary. Glenn Parsons has been appointed the Chair and he has prepared a brief agenda and background available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/16/ec-16-0017-00-5GSG-5g-sc-agenda-march-2016.pdf>.

Glenn would like to have as broad an involvement as possible to ensure that all projects can be included in the discussion of 5G and in particular would like to determine if, in the context of IEEE 802, whether this is an all IEEE 802 topic or is just wireless. Based on this the IEEE 802.3 Working Group has been asked to help identify which of our current PARs may be related to 5G.

If anybody is interested in assisting with this activity please contact me.

Thanks and best regards,
  David