[802.3_DIALOG] Subject: Call for interest - Beyond 10km Optical PHYs
- To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [802.3_DIALOG] Subject: Call for interest - Beyond 10km Optical PHYs
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:48:15 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 184.108.40.206 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of dlaw@xxxxxxx) smtp.mailfrom=dlaw@xxxxxxx
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:spamdiagnosticmetadata :spamdiagnosticoutput:content-language:accept-language:message-id :date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject:cc:to:from :arc-authentication-results; bh=R2neVrBU7vzEw3mo/m3LgHlVo17h5WCuhLi5Yb62UL0=; b=imUY65Pyms44e9Lck1XUnlFm5ZCzE2jjC3621yAtjps7Bteukttp3MfKAvbAGqhd3q NgZXJZaJQmWLQ/9WP8sGJQ6yOw0YZo7TbTv38+OKqlhfl1fu86KbZ2OyZKFyJsATJFWe gS+xS8moB5t7d+9dScmzhr35ChrV0mBnTs8SMMG2Icq6k9wRUX979BgbUuyaYqmA1FVz oI5jvsSJk9ZOQNl82G7lW4kE8sgOGeYwF7J2hdi3xWxQx166IzV3tkg2qLtVe5ivJPWb hki7+cBh/u4LcV2XZ01Fzh1rFE86RxhZUoy06jdJeLjqz9mUUr6o46sHvoUNsdmwUTWq dqvQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1496746100; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=H9Mp9FesZZySAziMdfN4oYmpy04arDHP+zD7DT2wJ+FdEbxpok2I2/T4qQgPGzUtdY 7aIpi9H5MWZT+aTp5cw+VNn4acOaAhIzJAD8iIRZGf+soxiTUUlEVmpiQ6nrVt+FJYZe W+3mqBVC0jhlMw6q9/TmGEQgRQfamkGs7zPLnfg2oMi9Lrt8dkbSlUO+R9MVtI1shaCQ naZUkHycaKmPn48E7qyFNrUuWaaB6KWQxgAkeU3uGN/nwqblMBQQOr1dx1J2STbTRCwu 3qsY2PDx/0pLzYnUIZfJeFlO7fzv8K5QgSsUgSXhRLm7gqJBxELfosCt/M/tCSyDV5f5 bNcw==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-3-DIALOG>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-3-DIALOG>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdLescro9uxcjrFuQbyVOPyzCxGGqg==
- Thread-topic: Subject: Call for interest - Beyond 10km Optical PHYs
The following request for agenda time for a call for interest has been received from John D'Ambrosia. It will be discussed at the IEEE 802 LMSC July 2017 Plenary meeting in Berlin, Germany. If you have any questions please get in touch with either John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx> or myself directly.
Over the past four years, the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet WG has initiated several projects that were chartered with developing new Ethernet rates, including 50GbE, 200GbE, and 400GbE. The optical focus of these efforts has been solutions that address reaches 10 km or less. There is an emerging need to provide Ethernet solutions at these data rates to support the bandwidth growth of applications that extend beyond 10km. This Call for Interest is to request the formation of a study group to explore the development of new single mode fiber PHYs that address reaches greater than 10km for 50GbE, 200GbE, and 400GbE.
The call for interest will take place during the IEEE 802.3 Opening Plenary on the morning of Monday 10th July. A call for interest consensus building meeting has been scheduled to occur from 18:30 to 20:00 on the evening of Tuesday 11th July. The vote to determine if a Study Group will be formed will take place at the IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary on the afternoon of Thursday 13th July.
David Law, Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone: +44 1631 563729