[802.3_DIALOG] Call for interest - Next-generation 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s MMF PHYs
- To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [802.3_DIALOG] Call for interest - Next-generation 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s MMF PHYs
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 19:23:57 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of dlaw@xxxxxxx designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=dlaw@xxxxxxx
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:spamdiagnosticmetadata :spamdiagnosticoutput:content-language:accept-language:message-id :date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject:cc:to:from :arc-authentication-results; bh=j+cI1sIEqWPW/1gXkctqiFvGKKyQQ6kf5mSCA40tMrs=; b=FLZFZn07Yk7AtxQJargjlWBH2AO+3dc4HZfnFHqvMRs5GbuFzGlXS4roheS8wXrSuk qJjbTrqDieoUpo1qbvYxSWgEtQ95aOT6KoonfoaArPQMh1s7JcGLFWNDk+yNGej4zzHD 6Xwx9JDlkZbMh07FptcgCVxEwMssN5D8QKHeaevmnHjTKSQeTj6jiKPL0pUUH+bHr6zI T6g87PIZXrq3ikhdhR6Jz4GGNg5mR4T3sOnpKmBGXbeMg8JDGIE1Ble7i09O5T3JYfDM nlC3xb6ftt1/1QVPFUexsadd2buqpEk03xrZaGhgxztfkCmAwXMwjxuizMNtvrpa9dp2 eqfg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1506885841; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=zFDZY7RDOpJVA9QB8p4iqjGL3Giq2Wc79DzyRJSRgtgbC2ZNXGUuIPEzI7+ysiShbc 6VJqEC2lxqWXbrV+stBhXVz0xqGbwQAsXQnrgHTHjLLPxa57T/ue+q/saeRLI0RwTcGf hfqnzvLHXtPfl6NxvJ0PsS15+Htegc6N3dkGMAy3x0cvuann8QvzqqJpyaempFewI4Xr 2AOve17rG9JfbBkdwKEj80z0PSAFvHRRM+MCSKe2je/LQdWmb+Hftpr/Qgtmx0Rmcw4x fSAHDPOz/N16YM/uLitbq08DEbJrwEBowc+5HU/anxgYNHoz7R3Ri8egQVg62ZivevXk sR7A==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-3-DIALOG>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-3-DIALOG>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdM66jT9vWOECILfQLSO6ywyvrO5qw==
- Thread-topic: Call for interest - Next-generation 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s MMF PHYs
The following request for agenda time for a call for interest has been received from Robert Lingle. It will be discussed at the IEEE 802 LMSC November 2017 Plenary meeting in Orlando, FL, USA. If you have any questions please get in touch with either Robert Lingle <rlingle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> or myself directly.
Links comprising multimode fiber cable and VCSEL-based transceivers have played a key role in implementing 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Ethernet in data centers for short reach. The continual growth of bandwidth demand has driven evolution of higher Ethernet speeds, most recently with 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s Ethernet, as demonstrated by related IEEE 802.3 projects over the past 4 years. To better support the installed base of MMF cables and to reduce the relative cost of short reach links, we request a call for interest to assess support for a Study Group to develop the PAR and CSD for next-generation 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s PHYs over fewer MMF pairs than existing Ethernet projects.
The call for interest will take place during the IEEE 802.3 Opening Plenary on the morning of Monday 6th November. A call for interest consensus building meeting has been scheduled to occur from 20:30 to 21:30 on the evening of Tuesday 7th November. The vote to determine if a Study Group will be formed will take place at the IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary on the afternoon of Thursday 9th November.
David Law, Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone: +44 1631 563729