[802.3_DIALOG] Liaison letter from ITU-T SG5 on Ethernet port isolation

Dear Colleagues,

We have received a liaison letter from ITU-T SG5 on Ethernet port isolation <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/jan18/incoming/ITU_SG5-LS-32_to_IEEE_802d3.pdf>. Since there is significant technical content I'd like start consideration of the letter as soon as practical, and the IEEE 802.3 Isolation Ad Hoc would seem to be the appropriate place.

I'm therefore announcing that I'm assigning this liaison letter to the IEEE 802.3 Isolation Ad Hoc <http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/isolation/index.html> to review, to make a recommendation at the January 2018 IEEE 802.3 Interim meeting if there should be a reply, and if so, present a draft reply for consideration by the IEEE 802.3 Working Group.

Anybody interested in the letter should therefore join the IEEE 802.3 Isolation Ad Hoc reflector <http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/isolation/reflector.html> as a call to discuss the letter will be announced there soon.

Best regards,
  David