[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE-SA awards news

Dear colleagues,

I'm delighted to announce that at this year’s annual IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Awards Ceremony on Sunday 2nd December 2018, the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group was the proud recipient of the IEEE-SA Emerging Technology Award.

This award was presented to the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group for the development of IEEE Std 802.3bs-2017 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s Ethernet standard, the first IEEE Ethernet standard to define 50 Gb/s electrical signalling and 50 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s optical signalling, based on 4 level Pulse Amplitude (PAM4) Modulation, enabling network connectivity for applications requiring high performance throughput beyond 100 Gigabit Ethernet.

I asked John D’Ambrosia, the IEEE P802.3bs Task Force Chair to accept the award on behalf of the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group.

Please join me in congratulating the IEEE 802.3bs Task Force for this award.

In addition, I’m delighted to announce that our own David Chalupsky, Alan Flatman, and Roy Cideciyan were all recipients of IEEE-SA Standards Medallion this year. Mr. Chalupsky was present to receive his award his award in person.

Please join me in congratulating David, Alan, and Roy for their awards.

For further detail regarding this event and the awards presented, please see <https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181203005693/en/>.

Best regards,

  David Law,

  IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group Chair