[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 Greater than 10 Gb/s Automotive Ethernet Electrical PHYs Study Group

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3 Greater than 10 Gb/s Automotive Ethernet Electrical PHYs
Study Group will hold a short meeting at the May 2019 interim in Salt Lake
City, on Tuesday, May 21 from 3:00 - 6:00PM. Please see the link to the May
interim meeting, hosted by the Ethernet Alliance, below:

http://ieee802.org/3/interims/may19/index.html

We will review the Study Group process and function, and have tutorial
presentations on the Project Authorization Request, the Criteria for
Standards Development, Objectives and general operating rules for study
groups. We will hear a presentation on initial thoughts on electrical link
segments and topologies, and finally discuss the work plan moving forwards.
Based on emails I've received, we will be welcoming a large number of new
participants.

The chartering motion for the study group, which set the scope of work:

"Move that the IEEE 802.3 Working Group request the formation of a Study
Group to develop a Project Authorization Request (PAR)
and Criteria for Standards Development (CSD) responses for Greater than 10
Gb/s Automotive Ethernet Electrical PHYs"

The project has an email reflector:
http://ieee802.org/3/B10GAUTO/reflector.html

If you are interested in the project and have not yet subscribed, please do
so. This will be the last announcement on the DIALOG reflector.

Our study group website is here: http://ieee802.org/3/B10GAUTO/index.html

I look forward to seeing you in Salt Lake City!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Acting Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR