Re: [802.3_DIALOG] [STDS-802-3] Call for interest - Improving PTP Timestamping Accuracy on Ethernet Interfaces

Marek,

Thanks for the great feedback, and for your offer to help improve the CFI deck.  Much appreciated.

Steve G

From: mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:57 PM
To: 'Trowbridge, Steve (Nokia - US)' <steve.trowbridge@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Steve Gorshe - C33336 <Steve.Gorshe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [802.3_DIALOG] [STDS-802-3] Call for interest - Improving PTP Timestamping Accuracy on Ethernet Interfaces

External E-Mail

Steve,

That is probably a very good point and should be covered in the CFI deck, since these issues are the core of what needs to be fixed. As the last deck was presented, it seems to have the priorities inverted – a lot of focus on the market for PTP (I think we know where it is needed by now) but the gist of what the actual ask is seems to be hidden in the annexes. A lower level (more of crayon-style) explanation of the problems would be really handy because it does take a lot of know-how to figure out what the actual factors impacting the precision are.

I will be more than happy to put some time into the deck work if that is what it takes

Marek