Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Sad news - Jonathan King

Hi Chris and John,

I am terribly saddened with this news. I have a short story about Jonathan’s kindness.

The last time we were in Beijing China attending a Plenary Meeting, I arrived a day earlier (Sunday), checked in and dropped my luggage at my room. I was tired, dehydrated from the long trip from Los Angeles, went to the hotel lobby, and the first thing that happened was to be invited to get in a bus with other fellow colleagues to climb the Great Wall. At that time, I was ill prepared, had inappropriate clothes and shoes, but I got on the bus and I went with the team anyway. Halfway in the climb, I started slipping on the hill side due to my bad shoes. I was exhausted and ready to pass out (I really mean it; I was ready to pass out). Jonathan recognized my bad situation and unselfishly stayed behind giving me water and helping me to get back on my feet. We were in a very isolated Chinese country side area with no people in sight. I will never forget his generous assistance, and I let him know on more than one occasion how thankful I was, and I am still grateful for his help that day.

His family is in my thoughts.

Rick Rabinovich
Distinguished Engineer - Signal Integrity, Ixia Solutions Group
Keysight Technologies

e: rick.rabinovich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
t: +1 (818)722-7212

26601 W. Agoura Rd.