[802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 meetings and room assignments - Geneva, January 2020 interim

Colleagues,

The ITU now has at least some of our schedule for next week posted here:

https://www.itu.int/en/events/Pages/Geneva-schedule.aspx?date=2020-01-20

I have linked this on our meetings page. There is also a link to a
"mobile-friendly" version on the ITU page.

They have apparently decided (perhaps for space reasons on the reader
boards) to abbreviate our project names. This has already resulted in
confusion on Monday 20 January as this IEEE 802.3 Multi Gigabit Automotive
refers to Mr. Grow's optical SG, not P802.3ch. I have sent them an email
requesting this be fixed, but our ITU contact is out of the office at
present, so I don't know when the fix will be made.

At present, Monday is the only day shown. I don't know if they plan to
populate the schedule for the rest of the week in advance, or if they will
only show the current day, then update overnight. In any case, there are
numerous schedule displays at the ITU and I would remind you (as always)
that room assignment may change.

This schedule shows the IEEE 802.3 schedule with full names and meeting
days, but no rooms:

http://ieee802.org/3/interims/0120_sched_802_3_post.html

Safe travels!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR