From: ROBERT GROW <bobgrow@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:37 PM
To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_DIALOG] Fwd: [802SEC] Response to comments on 15.7a PAR/CSD

Colleagues,

Below is the official response to our (and other WGs) comments on the proposed P802.15.7a PAR and CSD.

There has been significant change in the CSD in response to our comments.

Mr. Zimmerman and I have been exchanging some emails privately on the below latest 802.15.7a documents.  We both still have concerns about the claims for the viability of upgrading existing equipment.  Even though the new 802.15.7a documents reduce the claim from “billions" to “millions” for existing devices and many of the application markets we questioned in our comments have been deleted, the revised CSD claims still don’t hold up to critical analysis.  Others that might want to provide opinion to Mr. Law are invited to look at the new documents and comment on this Dialog reflector.

Bob Grow

Chair, PAR review adhoc

Begin forwarded message: