From: Swanson, Steven E
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 5:26 PM
To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_DIALOG] [EXTERNAL]--Re: [802.3_DIALOG] David Chalupsky

I, too, was shocked at Dave’s passing.

Maybe it is because I have travelled my whole career but I view all of the standards groups as my extended family. And when we lose someone, it really is like losing a family member. We have lost too many, too young and it hurts.

While Dave and I did not hang out on a regular basis, I always found him fun and full of life. I did meet up with him at an off-beat bar in Salt Lake City and again at another off-beat bar in Geneva.

He will be missed by all.

Steve Swanson

Sent from my personal assistant