[802.3_DIALOG] January 2021 interim meeting series announcement

Dear Colleagues,

IEEE 802.3 will hold its January 2021 interim meeting series telephonically, from Monday 18th January, through Thursday, 28th January 2021. As already announced <https://www.ieee802.org/3/email_dialog/msg01128.html>, an IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting will be held from 14h00 UTC (06h00 PST, 07h00 MST, 08h00 CST, 09h00 EST, 14h00 GMT, 15h00 CET, 19h30 IST, 22h00 CST, 23h00 JST) to 16h00 UTC on Thursday 21st January 2021, during the series. Several Working Group decisions are expected during the IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting. Depending on the amount of discussion, the IEEE 802.3 Working Group meeting may run beyond our target 16h00 UTC ending time, so please plan your time accordingly. Task Force, standing committee, and any appropriate ad hoc meetings will be held from Monday 18th January 2021 UTC through Thursday 28th January 2021 UTC, excluding Friday 22nd January 2021 UTC through Sunday 24th January 2021 UTC, and will be announced shortly.

The rules do not provide for attendance credit toward membership for an electronic interim however the IEEE 802 Working Group P&P say that 'Membership may be declared at the discretion of the Working Group Chair (e.g., for contributors by correspondence or other significant contributions to the Working Group).'. We require a minimum of three days at a face-to-face plenary, but a minimum of two days at a face-to-face interim meeting series as it is a series of two-day or three-day subgroup interim meetings. Based on this rule, and applying the that same ratio, I'll grant meeting credit for any individual that attend a meeting on four of the eight meeting days of the January 2021 IEEE 802.3 interim series.

David Law
  Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
  dlaw@xxxxxxx
  +44 1631 563729