Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Amendment order

David,

Thanks so much for your response and rationale.

The P802.3cs timeline is clearly in need of update.  Looking at my spreadsheet that I shared, I clearly lost the fact that cs was months behind on entry into WG ballot.  I would hope they can move as fast as the P802.3ck timeline.  The current P802.3cs timeline is pretty aggressive for ballot periods and slipping on entry into WG ballot doesn’t lend confidence in them meeting aggressive WG and SA ballot periods and P802.3cs ballot periods are quire achievable.

I personally have trouble believing timelines until the TF gets to WG ballot, so both P802.3cs and P802.3ck planning on requesting WG ballot is an important item to consider that supports your assigning them amendment numbers.  Thanks for that piece or information.  That though still leaves me wondering why you assigned P802.3cw an amendment number at this time.

For the rest of us in TF review or baseline adoption, the projects with aggressive timelines (four and five month ballot periods) IMHO have credibility challenges.  So, I’ll leave it to P802.3cw, P802.3cx, and P802.3db to make their cases if they believe they really are going to beat P802.3ck, or that they believe P802.3ck will finish earlier than the timeline says.  (As you noted, being at RevCom at the same time as P802.3ck would be fine).

—Bob
.