[802.3_DIALOG] March 2021 plenary session attendance credit and IMAT

Dear Colleagues,

I understand there have been several questions in relation to attendance credit and IMAT.

As I announced in the 'IEEE 802.3 March 2021 plenary session announcement' dated 28th January 2021 <https://www.ieee802.org/3/email_dialog/msg01139.html>, attendance credit toward membership requires at least 75% attendance during a plenary session. As a result, you will need to record attendance at a meeting on at least six of the eight meeting days of the March 2021 IEEE 802.3 plenary session, independent of how long a particular subgroup might be meeting.

As I also noted in that announcement, the dates of the IEEE 802.3 plenary session span when the clock change in some geographies. As IMAT in one of those geographies, the IEEE 802.3 meeting for next week will not be entered into IMAT until Sunday. This is because a meeting entered before then will be in Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5) and will be adjusted by IMAT to Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4) when the clock change. It's therefore simpler to enter the meetings after the clocks change, than to enter them before with an adjustment to compensate for adjustment IMAT will make when the clock change.

Best regards,
  David