Re: [802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 PAR review ad hoc meeting announcement

Colleagues,

I find myself in the unusual position of having only one minor comments on the documents David cites below.  Please feel free to respond to the below possible comment item or anything else you might notice in the proposed work.

Proposed P802.1ASds, PAR 5.5 Need
The response includes:  "IEEE Std 802.3cg (10BASE-T1S)”.  I note this amendment specifies both 10BASE-T1L and 10BASE-T1S, and therefore it is not appropriate to equate the amendment to only the one PHY type .

I would encourage those with interest and expertise in time sync and/or 802.3cg to review the proposed P802.1ASds documents for what you hope 802.1AS will add for half duplex operation.

I look forward to some of you joining the call below.

Bob Grow
Chair, PAR review ad hoc