Re: [802.3_DIALOG] IEEE 802.3 January 2022 teleconference interim meeting series announcement

Dear Colleagues,

My thanks to Peter Fischer for pointing out that I had an error in my calculation of the IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting start time in CET, it should have been 15h00 CET. An updated notice is provided below, I will send updated calendar invitations shortly. In both cases, the only change is to the meeting start time in CET. My apologies for this error and the extra emails as a result.

Best regards,
  David

-----

Dear Colleagues,

IEEE 802.3 will hold its January 2022 interim meeting series telephonically, from Monday 10 January 2022 through Thursday 20 January 2022. An IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting will be held from 14h00 UTC (06h00 PST, 07h00 MST, 08h00 CST, 09h00 EST, 14h00 GMT, 15h00 CET, 19h30 IST, 22h00 CST, 23h00 JST) to 16h00 UTC on Thursday 20 January 2022. Several Working Group decisions are expected during the IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting. Depending on the amount of discussion, the IEEE 802.3 Working Group meeting may run beyond our target 16h00 UTC ending time, so please plan your time accordingly. Call details are below, I'll send a calendar invitation shortly. Task Force, standing committee, and any appropriate ad hoc meetings will be held from Monday 10 January 2022 through Thursday 20 January 2022, excluding Friday 14 January 2022 UTC through Sunday 16 January 2022 UTC, and will be announced shortly.

The IEEE 802 Working Group rules have recently been updated and now say that '... one credited recent Working Group or Task Group Interim Session may be substituted for one of the two Plenary Sessions required to establish membership.' and 'A credited Interim Session (an Interim Session with attendance credit) is one that has been declared by the Working Group Chair.'. As a result, I'm declaring the upcoming IEEE 802.3 January 2022 teleconference interim meeting series as a credited Interim Session. We have required a minimum of three days at a face-to-face plenary, but a minimum of two days at a face-to-face interim meeting series as they are a series of subgroup interim meetings. Based on this, and applying the same ratio, I'll grant meeting credit for any individual that attends a meeting on four of the eight meeting days of the January 2022 IEEE 802.3 interim series.

Best regards,
  David Law
  Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group

-----

IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting