From: jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx <jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2024 12:48 PM
To: STDS-802-3-B400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IEEE P802.3df Standard Approved!

All,

I am happy to announce that I was informed today that the IEEE P802.3df has been approved as a new standard.

I have to say this effort is particularly satisfying to me. Looking back and understanding how this effort was conceived and developed through a global pandemic is a testament to all of us and our belief in Ethernet!

I want to thank several individuals first –

·       Tom Issenhuth – for his work as the IEEE 802.3 BWA Part II Chief Editor

·       Mark Nowell – the P802.3df Vice Chair and Optical Track Chair

·       Mark Gustlin – the P802.3df Logic Architect / Chair

·       Kent Lusted – the P802.3df Electrical Track Chair – and overall backbone of the project!

·       Matt Brown – the P802.3df Chief Editor – and slave driver in charge!

·       Gary Nicholl – the 2nd P802.3df Logic Architect / Chair

·       The P802.3df Editorial Team – what can I say about this team?  They were incredible in producing this draft!

And finally – the IEEE P802.3df Task Force!  Tis was a team effort!

So while March and further work on the P802.3dj standard is right around the corner – let’s enjoy today and this milestone!

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair [Soon-to-be Former], IEEE P802.3df Task Force