From: Mark Laubach [mailto:laubach@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:30 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Study Group Questions

Hi All,

I'd like to encourage, as per the prior "cry", that contributions are definitely in order and that merits can be discussed when presented.

Personally, I think coexistence issues can be solved by manufacturers and this will probably serve in boosting both the home gateway and perhaps "campus" gateway where other legacy systems exist.  EPON/EPoC will just be the service provider "WAN port" on the such gateways.

As cable operator contribution in the CFI has already laid out 3 cable network topologies that we have to study as well as the MxU topologies, my suspicion, and Howard can speak to this, is that the Study Group will be encouraged to focus work towards a single PHY standard; i.e. one that can work over all the topologies.  However, that focus is highly susceptible to cable operator input...<g>

Mark