From: Boris Brun [mailto:boris.brun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:32 PM
To: Mark Laubach; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_EPOC] Study Group Questions

Hi Mark,

I think that coexistence issue can't be solved by manufacturer only. From my perspective, the lower level of coexistence is a coexistence between PHYs, or ability to deliver different kind of signals over the same network. It is not obvious that traditional HFC signals, analog video and QAM, will coexist with OFDM or other kind of modulation. Like it wasn't obvious that QAM can coexist with analog video signal and Cablelabs issued the DOCSIS DRFI document specifying the requirements to QAM manufacturers for coexistence with analog signals. Also, different cable network topology will cause a different signal distortion. As result, the Study Group should learn the influence of EPOC's PHY on existing signals for each network topology.

Regards,
Boris

<snip>