Re: [802.3_EPOC] Study Group Questions

One operator comment, I would not say at this time that removing
amplifiers and extending fiber is better than reworking the coax network
in an entire network. There will likely be a hybrid that is needed for
many years as we would likely only consider pulling more fiber in service
areas that require it.

Whatever technology is eventually selected will likely need to coexist for
many years in todays plant design with existing carriers. It may be
deployed differently in a greenfield vs brownfield scenario, but even that
is to be determined by the requirements at that time.

On 1/4/12 12:07 AM, "Chris (Yanbin) Huang" <chrish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I would like to translate Mr.Yao following email for your reference.
>
>"Is it good for EPOC to fit for some portion of Markets, or all Markets?
>FDD technology implementation is simplier, but its spectrum allocation
>plan is very difficult, especially for the whole global, is very
>difficult to be unified. It is different from DOCSIS: one Downstream
>channel of DOCSIS only needs 8MHz and narrower spectrum. If FDD mode is
>used, EPOC should take 10G EPOC plan, otherwise, the following upgrade
>cannot be backforward-compatible, but 10G system spectrum allocation is
>very difficult to plan. For neighboring channel interference, EPOC system
>also is completely different from DOCSIS: DOCSIS is based on
>multi-channels, so FDD has big advantage, but EPOC is based on single
>channel (it is very difficult to find the spectrum meeting
>multi-channels). "4G" tech just is to support both TDD and FDD. FDD is
>relatively eaiser to support 'active relay', but I doubt whether it is
>worthy, considering spectrum allocation plan difficulty and coax network
>reconstruction investment: It is better to extend fiber reach and remove
>amplifiers, than to reconstruct/upgrade coax network.
>
>Chris (Yanbin) Huang

只需要8MHz及以下频谱,如果采用FDD方
>式,应该按照10GEPOC规划,否则后续升级无法后向兼容,而10G系统频谱很难规划;对于邻信道干扰,
在EPOC系统也和DOCSIS完全不同
>——DOCSIS是多信道应用,FDD有很大好处,但EPOC是单信道应用(很难找到满足多信道的频谱)。4G就是同
时支持TDD和FDD的。FDD比较容易
>支持有源中继,但考虑到频谱规划的难度和改造的投资,我很怀疑是否值得——与其改造同轴网,还不如光纤
延伸,取消放大器。