Re: [802.3_EPOC] 回复: Re: [802.3_EPOC] What is the problem with the EPoC converter, and what is the CLT?

Jorge,

“Instead, the CNU should provide a PHY-layer translation”.

If a minimum EPoC channel size that would be capable of carrying the entire EPON traffic was acceptable to MSOs, then a PHY-layer translation would be all that is necessary. This channel must be 125MHz to 150MHz depending on spectral efficiency on both the upstream and downstream.

What I heard in Newport Beach was this minimum channel size would be absolutely unacceptable. If so, the OCU or CLT capacity will be less than the EPON capacity, thereby requiring rate adaptation.

It is the rate adaptation and desire for flexible assigned spectrum that makes this more complicated and dictates the need for a bridge (or something that has properties of a bridge).

Best regards,

Hal