Re: [802.3_EPOC] What is the problem with the EPoC converter, and what is the CLT?

Alex,

I too will be interested to see how we accommodate these features in 802.3, though I don't believe we've settled on the "no MPCP changes/extensions."  I'm pretty sure we'll need to leave the door open for"minimal" changes to MPCP and OAM.

From: "Liu, Alex" <alexliu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:57:00 +0000
To: <STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] What is the problem with the EPoC converter, and what is the CLT?

Matt,

I have no doubt the scheme you describe (adding frequency, code dimensions) is achievable (and may even be desirable) in EPoC. Indeed, that is why I suggested it.

The question is: where do we fit it in?

Under the straightjacket of “no MPCP changes/extensions” and the BOX being a MAC relay and not a bridge, I’ll be interested to see how we accommodate these features in 802.3.

Alex