From: Hesham ElBakoury [mailto:Hesham.ElBakoury@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 12:03 AM
To: Salinger, Jorge; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Notes from EPoC 5-Criteria review discussion

Hi Jorge,

Slide #9 (Compatibility) says:

EPoC will reuse the MAC Control and OAM as defined in the current IEEE Std 802.3 for EPON with minimal augmentation if necessary, while developing new specifications for PHY sub-layers.

While Slide #13 (Distinct identity) says:

The proposed project is an evolutionary extension of the coverage of EPON Multi Point Control Protocol (MPCP) and MAC, specified for IEEE Std. 802.3 EPON onto hybrid fiber-coax networks

Since we do not plan to change the MAC sub-layer then we can change the above text in slide #13 to be

The proposed project is an evolutionary extension of the coverage of EPON Multi Point Control Protocol (MPCP) and OAM, specified for IEEE Std. 802.3 EPON onto hybrid fiber-coax networks

Do you agree ?

Thanks

Hesham