Re: [802.3_EPOC] presentations for March EPoC Study Group meeting

Dear Mr. Naihui Jin,
Dear Director Sheng,

It is very nice to hear from you. Please see below for a translation of my
message into Chinese.

I am a key member of one of the MSOs contributing to the EPoC Study Group,
and as such I would very much like to see the input from the Chinese
markets. There are many MSOs contributing to the EPoC Study Group, but
these are mostly from North America and Europe. We have not seen direct
participants from China, although we would very much like to see
participation from Chinese delegates.

We had originally anticipated that a significant use of EPoC could occur
in China. We are concerned that without the participation of Chinese
delegates we might be missing objectives and/or goals for EPoC that would
make it not applicable to the Chinese markets. I am very concerned about
this, and because I have discussed this with many colleagues from other
MSOs I know many other MSOs feel the same way.

From discussions we have had with suppliers and with people close the
Chinese markets, it seems that travel has been a roadblock for
participants from China to attend the meetings. If that were the case,
even though traveling to China is complex for us as well, we might be able
to find a way to seek the input from Chinese representatives.

So, if you would allow me, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

In your estimation, is there an interest on EPoC in China? We just want to
make sure there is.

How do you view the interest in EPoC in China as compared to China's HiNOC
own effort?

Where and how do you think that we should meet in China? And, who should
we plan to meet with?

Would Chinese MSOs contribute directly into the EPoC process, or would
they participate through SARFT?

Thanks!
Jorge

---------
Jorge D. Salinger
VP, Access Architecture
Office of the CTO (t+pd)
Comcast Cable Communications

Comcast Center
1717 Arch Street – 43rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Tel: +1 (215) 286-4122
Cell: +1 (215) 439-1721

Chinese Translation: 中文翻译:

Naihui进尊敬的先生,
亲爱的生主任,

收到你的来信,这是非常好的。请参阅以下为我的邮件翻译成中文。

我是一个EPOC研究小组的MSO之一的重要成员,因此我非常希望看到中国市场的投入。有
许多MSO的贡献EPOC研究小组,但这些大多是来自北美和欧洲。我们
还没有看到来自中国的直接参与者,虽然我们非常希望看到来自中国的代表参与。

我们原先预计的EPOC的大量使用可能会发生在中国。我们担心,如果没有中国代表参与,
我们可能会丢失目标和/或EPOC会使它并不适用于中国市场的目标。我非
常担心,因为我已经讨论了与其它MSO的很多同事,我知道许多其它MSO有同样的感觉。

从讨论中,我们已与供应商和与人民群众的密切中国市场,似乎旅游一直是来自中国的与
会者出席会议的路障。如果是这样的情况下,即使前往中国,对我们来说是复杂
的,以及,我们可能能够找到一种方法,以寻求从中国代表的意见。

所以,如果你让我,我想问你几个问题: