From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:31 AM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Continuing work on EPOC objectives - OBJECTIVE 4

Kevin,

The wording "baseline plant conditions" is still there.

I believe if we specify what these " baseline plant conditions" are, we do not need to change the wording in Objective 4 at all.

Typically, we define some parameters of the said baseline plant, even if the parameters include distance, split count and just generic plant type (single mode fiber for EPON). For EPoC, it might be enough to define e.g. maximum loss at specific frequency component or cable type to be used as baseline.
We need some performance markers to measure the future proposals for PMDs, setting the expectation of EPoC performance.

Marek