Re: [802.3_EPOC] Latest objectives proposal

Kevin

I couple of quick comments: slide #5 objective 3 – wording change: Develop a channel model describing a typical real-world coaxial cable plant to set the minimum baseline plant condition for the EPoC specification.

Slide #6 objective 4: wording change to sub-bullet 3: a data rate higher than the baseline data rate of 1 Gb/s and up to 10 Gb/s when transmitting in assigned spectrum in ideal channel conditions that permit;  Remove red words – add blue words and symbols

To me the first statement sets the expectation of the operator of what a “minimum” performing coax plant must do while telling the vendor the EPoC equipment must operate to the desired performance in a minimum plant condition.

The second statement indicates in an “ideal” (ie performance that <far> exceeds minimum baseline plant conditions) plant condition the expectation is performance above 1 Gb/s up to 10 Gb/s with measured performance exceeding BER and other standards currently not defined.

Regards

Tom