Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Response to China Operator letter: PLEASE REPLY TONGHT IF YOU WANT TO SERVE ON THE AD-HOC :-)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 23:38:35 -0500
From: Matthew Schmitt <m.schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You're very welcome, and speaking for myself, I very much appreciate the input, both regarding the interest for EPoC in China as well as some of the technical desires and requirements.  Additionally, I personally agree that it is important to include Chinese input into EPoC so that we can develop a standard that is applicable across the world, which I see as a highly desirable goal.  As such, I look forward to continued dialogue regarding what those requirements are and the reasoning behind them.

All of that said, even though many of the interested parties are on this reflector, given that a letter was formally submitted I believe that it is important to respond to it formally as well, so as to encourage a continuation of dialogue and collaboration on EPoC.

Thanks.

Matt

(FYI, I am responding to the below based on the translation produced by an automated translator — my apologies if I have misunderstood the intent of the note below)