From: Ed (Edward) Boyd [mailto:ed.boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 May 2012 08:39
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_EPOC] TDD Repeater Presentation

Dave,

I tried to explain my concerns to your TDD repeater presentation at the meeting but time was limited.  I think that it would be easier over email.  If you have more than one OCU with different fiber delays, the GAP for turning around between upstream and downstream would be the fiber propagation delay.  As Steve showed in his presentation, the upstream can’t be started until the downstream has been received.  With this criteria, I would assume that the GAP will be 100us for the repeater (the propagation delay difference on the fiber).  Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ed…