Re: [802.3_EPOC] 802 Error rates for wired PHY

All,

In reviewing the EFM WEB site it appears that the task force was operating under a different set of objectives between approval of the TF in July 2001 and March 2002. The initial objectives approved by the WG did not appear to include any error rate requirement. The subsequent objectives including the error rate for the optical interfaces were not approved by the WG until the March.

My conclusion is that there is precedence for objectives without error rates.

That said I must agree with Marek in his observation that we must comply with the architecture doc.

Best Regards,

Duane

FutureWei Technologies Inc.

duane.remein@xxxxxxxxxx