From: Salinger, Jorge [mailto:Jorge_Salinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 July 2012 20:49
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Action items for September 2012 meeting

Hal,

I agree that Optical and Coax are not parallel terms. We discussed this
quite extensively when coming up with the name several months back in a
pretty long Email exchange. At the time we also discussed other options.
Fiber-Coax are parallel terms, and so are Optical-RF. At the time when we
discussed it we just concluded that OCU sounded better (i.e., had a better
ring to it) than FCU or ORU.

Like Marek, I'm not opposed to changing it. Could you make some suggestions?

Thanks!
Jorge