From: Liu, Alex [mailto:alexliu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 July 2012 10:17
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_EPOC] Action items for September 2012 meeting

In the course of this week's discussions on the OCU and TDD (and the
attempts to shut them down), I could not help be reminded of a quote from
Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Self Reliance":

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has
simply nothing to do."

Why the insistent focus on the things that we *cannot* do? Things like OCU
specification, TDD inclusion, etc.? Why not turn our attention back to
things we *can* do, on time and on budget?

Does anyone really think that the specification of the EPoC PHY (and the
interests of the N. American and Chinese cable industries) would not be
helped by a robust discussion of the OCU and the overall OLT-to-CNU system?

Alex