From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:49 PM
To: STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_EPOC] Action items for September 2012 meeting

Dear colleagues,

Following the discussion in the morning, focused on the preparation for September 2012 meeting, I would like to start discussion on terminology for EPoC, as attached to this email. What I did so far, was to go through the contributions discussed so far, to collect the terms which were used most commonly in presentations and discussions, with the special focus on terms generating heated discussions (infamous PHY). The content is colour coded:

- a term in green indicates that we have already a solid definition in 802.3, which ought to be reused without changes
- a term in yellow indicates a term which is specific to EPoC, and I felt sufficiently capable to propose the pass at the definition
- a term in red indicates a wording which I collected from one of contributions, but it requires either further discussion, clarification or confirmation whether it is needed at all.

In the first pass through the list, please indicate whether any critical terms are missing or unnecessary. My intent at this time is to collect a complete list of terms, before we plunge into producing missing definitions.
Please keep all discussion on the reflector so that we do not talk past each other or repeat proposals. I will try to keep the list updated as frequently as needed.

Given that definitions are critical for technical discussions on individual proposals, I'd suggest we complete the phase of collecting terms by the 28th of July, at which time I will move to generating individual missing definitions.

Regards

Marek